Our goal is to keep this as close as possible to a traditional party, but, since the number of participants is much larger than we had anticipated, we have
Our goal is to keep this as close as possible to a traditional party, but, since the number of participants is much larger than we had anticipated, we have had to organise it in such a way as to keep it as manageable as possible.
We have a number of games planned, including themed bingo, a quiz, our own Cards Against Armageddon game, and a cosplay contest (see below). There will be breaks throughout, but, as we’ve never done this before with this many people, we can’t give a firm schedule.
How to play the games will be explained during the event, but please note that you will need to have another device (ideally a smartphone) available, separate to the device you’re using for Zoom.
Due to the number of people who have signed up, we will have to keep everyone’s microphone muted in order for the event to work. We hope that the games we have planned will provide lots of interaction, but we know that some people would prefer just to chat with like-minded fans, so we will also be making use of Zoom’s Breakout Rooms feature. Everyone will be allocated to a room where they can go and chat separate to the games, and here you’ll be able to use your microphone and talk as you would at a traditional party. We’ll send messages to all the rooms to let you know when a new game is starting, so you won’t miss out on anything you want to participate in later.
We have some excellent prizes available for the games. If you win, we’ll ask you to give us your address via the private chat feature. We’ll only use your address for that purpose and won’t keep hold of it. Otherwise, there is no requirement to provide personal information and you don’t need to register for a Zoom account to take part.
We had originally intended to hold a raffle at the party to raise money for Alzheimer’s Research UK in memory of Sir Terry Pratchett. Unfortunately, while UK law makes it very straightforward to do that at a physical party, the law is much more complicated online. We’ve therefore decided to make all the competitions free to enter, but you can optionally choose to donate to our selected charity here: https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/ineffable. We are already over three quarters of the way to our target, thanks to the generous donations of those that had tickets for the in-person party!
We encourage everyone to attend in costume, if that’s your thing, and, for those who are really into their cosplay, we have a contest with prizes available!
To enter the cosplay contest, you will need to upload a photograph prior to the event. Voting on the supplied pictures will take place during the party, and the finalists will be invited to talk about their costumes prior to the final vote, which will take place via a Zoom poll.
The complete rules are available on the submission page, but here are some important ones:
- The link is open from now until 18:45 BST on Saturday 2nd May (i.e. when doors open for the party).
- The gallery will only be visible to voters during the party.
- Only one photo per person may be submitted and you must have the permission of everyone in the photo to share it.
- Please do not share the link outside of the party attendees.
- In order to be eligible to win, you must be present at the party when the results are announced.
- To keep the playing field level, we would prefer it if you did not use photos from professional shoots.
- The entrant is the person who made the costume. You do not have to be in the photograph; it can be worn by a friend (if you have their permission to share the photo) or on a dressform.
- If you place in the final, you will need to be prepared to talk for up to two minutes during the party about your costume. You can talk about how you made it, what it means to you, or details that people may have missed on the photograph. You don’t have to be wearing the costume if you prefer not to.
- The costume does not have to be hand sewn.
Virtual Event Details
2 (Saturday) 19:00 - 3 (Sunday) 02:00(GMT+01:00) View in my time
The Ineffable ConVolunteer run Good Omens fan firstname.lastname@example.org
You must be logged in to reserve a ticket Log in now